Finance Department Solutions
There are many ways to save time and effort by automating financial business processes. In many cases time can be saved and workflow can be enforced with financial reporting applications that use your logic and workflow and tie in to legacy systems.
In most companies excel spreadsheets are used to manage parts of the business and this can often be improved when more control is needed and online access is a benefit.
Automate Excel Spreadsheets excel to database
- Put your spreadsheets online with access control and tracking of who did what
- Put in calculations, summaries and business logic to the workflow and protect that logic (in a spreadsheet logic can be inadvertently deleted, changed, copied over, etc.)
- Add reporting, graphing, exporting in pre-defined formats for internal reporting
- Help avoid spreadsheet error and increase data reliability
- Tie in to other company systems (SAP, accounting, payroll) more
- Business units or locations report to finance with daily/weekly/monthly numbers through web based forms with logic built in (e.g. force users to fill in certain fields, add alerts if the numbers are not within a certain range, add alerts if numbers do not reconcile)
- Numbers can be automatically summarized and forwarded with reporting
- Alerts set automatically if anyone does not report by a specific time - emails can be sent to managers and Head Office can be informed.
- Head Office dashboard to see reporting progress, weekly/monthly summaries, compare to budget, etc.
Purchase Order Management case study
- Employees fill in a request form for new purchases with info such as supplier, item requested, reason for request, purchase amount etc.
- Forms are forwarded to the appropriate person (people) for authorization
- P.O. numbers could be generated automatically and forwarded to employee
- Summary sent to accounting and entered automatically into accounting system
- When invoices are received, the original employee must check invoice, approve and mark as complete.
Put Expense Forms Online case study
- Employees enter expense information into an online form
- Dropdown menus for expense categories, automatic summaries and tax calculations
- Add logic (e.g. can’t input more than one lunch expense for one day, no expenses on holidays, etc)
- Route to managers for approval, then to accounting for check/approval
- Export automatically to accounting system
Other Examples of Applications
- Paperless invoice tracking and payment
- Fleet management (vehicles, maintenance, kms driven, drivers, routes, etc) case study
- Asset management (maintenance schedule, location, who is using, damage record)
- Inventory management (scan items in, track inventory, scan out, etc)
- Credit card, gas card, license, permit or any other tracking
Fast Quotations - Easy to Get a Ballpark
We do not need a full specification document to give you a firm quotation with fixed price and timelines, in fact, we can give a ballpark quotation with just a few minutes of your time on the phone - fill in the form on the left or contact us!
Not only that, once we are working together, you will see that we are extremely fast in our software development process. We use agile software development to implement our rapid application development process.